Free shipping on all orders over $35*.  Same-day local Coffs Harbour delivery for orders placed before 12 noon (weekdays).

Do you have an up-to-date medicine list?

Amcal Coffs Harbour
Specialist Medical Centre
5/343 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour
NSW, 2450

Phone: (02) 6652 2336

Opening Hours

Monday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Open every day of the year, including public holidays

Take this Quiz

  1. Can you list all the medication that you take, including the names, strength, dosage frequency and reason it was prescribed? (yes/no)
  2. Think about an elderly relative you know, could they list the same? (yes/no)
  3. Could you or your elderly relative recall this list exactly in a medical emergency? (yes/no)
     

If your answer to these questions is 'YES', you are in the top 5% of people, please come and work with us at the pharmacy!   However, if you can't like the other 95% of us, don't play guessing games with your health, you need a medicines list.

What is a medicines list?

The more medicines you take, the more difficult it can be to remember important information about them. A medicines list can be a useful way to keep all the information about your medicines together.

You can use a medicines list to record:

  • all the medicines you use, including prescription, non-prescription, over-the-counter, minerals, herbal and natural medicines
  • what each medicine is for
  • how much of each medicine to use
  • when and how to use each medicine.
     

How will a medicines list help me?

Keeping a medicines list will:

  • help you to know more about your medicines
  • remind you how and when to take your medicines
  • ensure everyone involved in your health care knows which medicines you use
  • help your doctor and pharmacist check and review your medicines
  • provide vital information about your medicines in an emergency.
     

Knowing as much as you can about your medicines will help you to:

  • get better results from the medicines you use
  • get the most out of a consultation with your doctor or pharmacist
  • help to prevent side effect and interactions
  • enjoy better health.
     

Medicine lists can be on paper, online, in-app format, or even as simple as a photograph of your medicines laid out on a table.  Some smartphones have the ability to store medicine lists on them as well. We recommend having a medicines list accessible at all times, including one on your fridge and one in your wallet.  This way you can take it with you to other medical appointments and remove the guessing game and awkwardness of remembering the name of the... 'you know, the little white pill for your stomach or heart or kidneys'.

If you know someone who may benefit from a medicine list, be sure to speak to your local pharmacist. Likewise, if you ever need a hand compiling this list, just reach out to us and we can help you.

Samuel Ledger 
Pharmacist – Amcal Coffs Harbour

May 2020

See: Online StoreArticlesServices, or Contact

Share this page with your community:

Buy online at Amcal Coffs Harbour with Paypal Visa Mastercard and Afterpay

Amcal Coffs Harbour
Specialist Medical Centre
5/343 Pacific Highway
Coffs Harbour
NSW, 2450

Phone: (02) 6652 2336

Opening Hours

Monday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Tuesday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Thursday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Friday
8:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Saturday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sunday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Open every day of the year, including public holidays